Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go Cake!

Dr. Seuss is synonymous with childhood and imagination.  And what great inspiration for a baby shower cake.

My friend Dawn and her husband Kevin are adventurous people who have travelled the world.  And so now that they are expecting their first child...Dr. Seuss's book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" seems to fit right in with their life style.  And it really is a great book.


I must admit that I had heard of it but before she had mentioned it as a possible baby shower cake theme, I had never read the book for myself.  After a quick read while at the bookstore, I was immediately flooded with ideas for a cake.  I finally settled on something that I felt captured the colors and theme in a simple way.  There is SO much detail in the Seuss books that it would be quite easy to create a cake with too much.


The cake is a vanilla butter cake filled with chocolate pudding and covered with vanilla buttercream.  The stripes, clouds and baby are fondant.  The balloon is a styrofoam egg covered in fondant.


I greatly enjoyed making this cake, though it took me WAY too long.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment